CSS members can elect to transfer their benefit to another eligible superannuation scheme; see below for a list of eligible schemes. If you elect this option, your benefit will be a transfer value of your total CSS benefit less any accumulated surcharge debt.
If you preserve your entire benefit when you leave CSS, and do not immediately join or transfer to another eligible scheme, you may do so at a later time.
Eligible superannuation schemes
- AV Super (previously known as the CAA Staff Superannuation Fund)
- Defence Force Retirement and Death Benefits Scheme (DFRDB)
- Northern Territory Government and Public Authorities Superannuation Scheme (closed to new members)
- Parliamentary Contributory Superannuation Scheme
- Queensland Electricity Supply Industry Superannuation Scheme
- Queensland Local Government Employees Superannuation Scheme
- Queensland Parliamentary Contributory Superannuation Scheme
- UniSuper Accumulation Plan 2